What is a writing portfolio? A writing portfolio is a collection of your best work. It can include anything from articles you have written to published books or even screenplays. Why put together a writing portfolio? There are many reasons. Perhaps you are looking for a new job and want to showcase your skills. Maybe you are an author and want to submit your work to publishers. Or, maybe you are just starting out in the writing world and want to build your portfolio piece by piece. No matter what your reason, a writing portfolio is a great way to show off your talent!
How do you create a writing portfolio?
1. Start by compiling a list of your writing samples
2. Next, select the pieces you want to showcase in your portfolio
3. Format your writing samples according to the guidelines provided
4. Create a cover letter that introduces your writing portfolio
5. Print out your finished product and bind it together with a cover
6. Store your portfolio in a safe place and bring it along to job interviews
A writing portfolio is a great way to show off your skills and talents. It can include anything you have written. If you are looking for a new job, want to submit your work to publishers, submit your work to contests, or just want to show off your skills, putting together a writing portfolio is the way to go. Do you have any other tips on creating a successful writing portfolio? Let me know in the comments below!
Author of The Mind Bending Series and The Winberie Journals